Heal, Recover, and Bond...
Postpartum is an important time of physical healing from labor/birth and bonding between the new family. The postpartum body goes through a myriad of changes as it shifts to its new non-pregnant self. With these changes, new postural compensation patterns may form from feeding, carrying and holding baby, lack of sleep, and possible stress. Massage can be extremely helpful during the postpartum period! During postpartum sessions, baby is always welcome to be on or near the table for comfort or feeding.
Massage has been shown to:
- Reduce stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improve sleep
- Reduce aches and stress from pregnancy and labor
- Decrease and prevent pain/discomfort from parenting a newborn
- Provide emotional support through nurturing touch
- Facilitates return to pre-pregnant posture
- Improve lactation
- Aid in restoring abdominal and perineal muscles to proper function
- Assist in re-balancing the pelvis
*Chelsey offers massage in-office in Kirkland as well as provides home-visits to families in the greater Seattle area, Eastside, and South Snohomish county.