Mother & Parent Wellness Massage
The “postpartum period” technically ends one year after the birth of your baby. The physical and emotional stresses of motherhood/parenthood, however, may last much longer. Whether you have a toddler or a teenager, your child continues to have an impact on your body and your psychosomatic experience in life. Massage is a great wellness tool to replenish your energy reserves so that you have more bandwidth for your child(ren) and YOURSELF.
Massage has been shown to:
- Increase relaxation and decrease stress hormones
- Increase ability to cope in stressful situations that come with parenthood
- Reduce muscle fatigue and tension from parenting activities such as floor play, carrying children, lack of sleep/waking during the night, assisting children at playgrounds, etc...
- Increase quality of sleep
- Improve immune system function
*Chelsey offers massage in-office in Kirkland as well as provides home-visits to families in the greater Seattle area, Eastside, and South Snohomish county.